The Communion of Saints

The Communion of Saints
I hope there's room for me.

Welcome all - especially Mancunians.

Hello anybody lost in the blogosphere. Welcome to the ruminations of a politically left of centre, Man United supporting, blues loving, history-fixated, Catholic wanderer. Be warned, I am a bit of a curmudgeon.



Tuesday 1 January 2013

Happy and Holy New Year...see you soon!

Dear All,

I wish you a Happy and Prosperous New Year. On this, the last day in the Christmas Octave and the Feast of Mary, Mother of God, may the blessing of the Christ child bring light hope and peace to you and all your loved ones.

After a self-imposed purdah, I will return to posting next week with a few reflections on the events that I have missed - the so-called hostage taking at my place of work (so much for the Levenson-era level of reportage by the 'Sun', 'Daily Mail', etc...), the absolute nightmare being visited upon those who are working full-time for low wages and trying to find a decent home on housing benefit, along with the continuing developments in the world of the Personal Ordinariates.

I might force myself to mention Manchester United's beginning the New Year at the top of the League (whatever the outcome of today's games).

I am also planning to concentrate on the County and Unitary Council Elections due in May of this year. Following the debacle for Labour in 2009, it is easy to predict big gains for them, so I will take a bit more of a risky strategy of making guesses (educated, I hope) about the outcome in the politically unusual unitary authority of Cornwall, the former Liberal redoubt of the Isle of Wight, my former home in Durham and the county of Suffolk.

For those in the know, the Cornish electoral world is a wonder to behold so wish me luck.

Anyway, take care and best wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment