The Communion of Saints

The Communion of Saints
I hope there's room for me.

Welcome all - especially Mancunians.

Hello anybody lost in the blogosphere. Welcome to the ruminations of a politically left of centre, Man United supporting, blues loving, history-fixated, Catholic wanderer. Be warned, I am a bit of a curmudgeon.



Monday 13 June 2011

Blood and sand - where did that blog post go?

I spent a big chunk of time yesterday preparing a post when, for reasons unexplained, a large chunk of it just disappeared. I cannot find it and the part of the draft that was saved is the uncorrected version. What a crock!!!
I have to spend a load of time trying to repost or just give up all together. How is it possible, short of preparing all posts on a word processor first (which is what I am having to do) to avoid this happening again?
Or should I just begin a complete rant against the technology which is supposed to have saved us from the accidental loss of work that could have been caused by one's sleeve wiping off the chalk marks from the piece of slate that used to be the main mode of recording one's thoughts?
As much as I enjoy a rant - it'd probably just disappear two hours into my typing.
So - any ideas folks?

No comments:

Post a Comment